Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Eagle



Living in the city world for too long, causes many affect on me. Many times I look at myself as a city girl, not knowing how to survive beyond the comfort zone. Every single little thing I was protect by my parents. What could I do for my own? That was what I thought. I am already at the age of 20 years old, still living with my parents and at times I still depend on them. My father has this habit of looking at me as if I am still his 3 year old daughter, young and inexperienced. Well, it is good for me because I could have anything I want. But the problem is that I feel I need to be more independent than looking at father for solution in everything.
Years ago I had a habit of always looking up in the sky whenever I sat in the car. No matter is long trip for short distance drive; I will always admire the clouds shapes and sizes naming them after item or animals. I remember one particular time; I saw a small figure bird circling around the sky. I took my camera zooming in to the maximum finding out it was an eagle. Its wings spread out wide gliding through the sky. Eagle is a symbol of strength and independent, they are sharp and fast. After that I took eagle as my symbol of hope in dreams and goals in life. A young eagle will soon have to learn to fly out from the nest and hunt its own food. And I am that eagle now, slowly flapping my wings, wanting to soar through the sky by my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment